[Avcheck] AVP key

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:20:44 +0300

George Chelidze wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have some problems with my kavdaemon and after long consultations with
>   KASPERSKY support team it seems that my avp.key file is corrupted. I
> wonder if there is a way to get this file for free or the only way to
> get it is to bye it? Thanks beforehand,

George, I'm sorry not answering your previous message/problem.  I was
very busy last weeks, including newyear holidays.

Is this a continuation of your problem (avcheck/kavdaemon wan't detect
eicar test file)?   As I see from your other messages, you mentioned
that avp alone DOES work -- so how this can be a problem with your
key?  Also, you mentioned "avpcheck-sendmail-0.0.5-1.rpm", I asked
you what's this, and you didn't answered (see archived message
http://www.corpit.ru/pipermail/avcheck/2001-December/000382.html).

BTW, in the http://www.corpit.ru/pipermail/avcheck/2001-December/000384.html
I see that you used "stripped-down" variant of defUnix.prf called
my.prf that contains only settings mentioned in README.AVP.  This
readme file says that you need to *modify* your *existing* defUnix.prf
settings.  I don't know if this may be a problem, will check this
later today.

Ok, back to your current question.  Yes, there *are* several pirate
sites where you can get keys for avp "for free".  I heard about this
several times but have no reference (and I will not post links to
such a sites here anyway).  Such questions as you asked above are
best to be addressed to Kaspersky folks themselves.  Obviously,
by design the only way one can get such a file is to by it from
Kaspersky -- that's their buisiness/money, at the end... ;)

For your problem.  Please post more details about your system
(OS, exact version of kav software) here.  If you suspect that
your avp.key is corrupted, you can send it to me (in private
email), I'll check if it will work here (I don't use avp and
I have a valid key for it anyway for testing, the only usage
of your key on me is troubleshooting your problem).  You can
also try older version of avp software (when it was called
AvpDaemon).  I have archived version of AvpDaemon for linux
here (at that time trial version allowed you to test mail
messages).  Meanwhile I'll test kavdaemon with your settings
here as I mentioned above.