[Avcheck] Antivirus with Postfix and DrWeb

Nicolai Strøm Gylling nsg@webpartner.dk
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:29:24 +0100

>> My current setup doesn't complain in any way(it delivers mail and
>> everything *seems* to work, Avcheck adds a X-AV header), but I can't
>> get it to detect the Eicar testmail(gzipped or not). I'm running both =

>> in chrooted enviroment, as suggested in the docs.
>
>Get a real virus from http://www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb/virus/ at =
your own risk.

>> Could anyone guide me to where the problem might be, or how I could
>> enable more logging, since I find it pretty hard to get any further,
>> when I get no errors or the likes in return to my attempts.
>
>Please try a real virus or a gzipped, zipped eicar file instead. DrWeb =
may not recognize text/plain as virulent at all!

Now I've tried with 5 different viruses, but no luck. But another thing came into mind. Does DrWeb require a valid key, before it does ANYTHING? Although I'm using an eval, I'd still think that it would at least do some logging or similar. Could the problem be as simple as that?