[Avcheck] Re: [Avcheck] Работало и перестало....

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:41:25 +0300

Ralf, I guess it was funny for you to see this message
sent to you in Russian... ;))  Alexandr sent it to me
too, and I already answered him.  Well, ok, for archival
and reference purposes, let's it be here too... ;)

"Alexandr M. Gordivsky" wrote:

> Subject: it worked but stopped.
>
> Добрый день!
> Установил, я kavdaemon and avpcheck, все заработало....
> Вот буквально с месяц назад перестал видеть вирусы, при этом почта
> ходит...
> Призапуске тестового файла все проходит нормально, но вируса не видит.
> Ключ expired, но все равно должно рабоать
> не могу понять в чем дело, помогите please
> Файлы конфигурации и strace приатачены.
[...]

[Short translation, without all the original grammar and syntax errors,
 but perhaps with new ones from me ;)]
> Hello!
> kavdaemon and avcheck worked fine before but stopped working about
> a month ago, but mails still going on normally.  Test file all goes
> well, no virus detected.  Key is expired, but all should work anyway.
> I can't understand what's happened, please help me.
> Config files and strace output attached.

Well, why you think that "all should work anyway" if a key is expired?
Without valid key, avp will NOT scan mail messages -- it will work
in demo mode.  So this is your problem -- expired avp's key (expired
about a month ago -- I guess it was 1 january, little gift for you
for a New Year... ;)

[skip skip]