[Avcheck] DrWeb and 42.zip

Martin Jaggi martin.jaggi@lan.ch
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:21:31 +0100

I've set up a box with avcheck 0.7 and DrWeb. Works fine so far.

During testing, I send a mail with 42.zip. DrWeb scans the mail, but then
terminate with a Timeout Error after the 900 secs I set after the
readme.drweb.
The mail isn't bounced, it is still in the queue with:

temporary failure. Command output: avcheck: unexpected DrWeb return code
16896 (0x4200) )

How do you configure your system to handle a DoS with 42.zip ?

Regards,

Martin Jaggi
System Engineer, Compaq ASE, CCNA
--
martin.jaggi@lan.ch, phone: +41(0)32 387 4287, fax: +41(0)32 387 4260
LAN Services AG, Bielstrasse 29, 3250 Lyss, Switzerland

Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)