[Avcheck] test

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:20:30 +0300

Richard Harvey Chapman wrote:

> The server bounced my last message because my IP doesn't reverse.

So how you was able to subscribe when? ;)  (kidding, it was done from
another host/ip or at that time rdns was OK).

Well, yes, mail.corpit.ru has very strict antispam rules, including
refusing to talk with machines that has no proper reverse DNS.  This
allows us to run OPEN mailinglist, without any big worries about spam
issues and the like.  There was about 50 rejects for this list for
this months only, and for 90% of those rejects I *know* that was spam.

Hey, it's a good manners to have working rDNS! ;)

Umm...  When it was bounced?  What that message was?  I can't find
anything except:

Mar 15 01:56:25 gate postfix/smtpd[29226]: reject: \
 RCPT from unknown[12.46.89.172]: \
 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [12.46.89.172]; \
 from=<hchapman@3gfp.com> to=<avcheck-request@list.corpit.ru>

But wait, this is NOT bounce, this is temporary error.  And this time,
all is ok with your IP/rDNS.

If you got a bounce after the above record, your MTA is br0ken...