[Avcheck] test

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:33:39 +0300

Richard Harvey Chapman wrote:

> Sorry about that. I looked again after I sent that message and saw that
> it didn't bounce, it just got deferred. Something's wrong with my rDNS
> right now.

No all is working now.  DNS is a strange beast, all sorts of timeouts are
possible.

> Anyway, I have to run right now, but I'll post a weird avcheck problem
> later. In a nutshell, received the Win32.Gibe virus twice with no
> errors. I've been testing with that virus all day yesterday and it
> caught every one. Then, I forwarded the message that got through back to
> myself and it got caught. Weird.

Check if those uncatched emails contains leading spaces in the first
line of attached .exe.  Like this:

---
If in doubt, please ask  for assistance. ATSI, Inc. scans all email with the lat
est "NAI" software for KNOWN viruses.

--NextPart_000235

   TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAuAAAAA4fug4AtAnNIbgBTM0hVGhpcyBwcm9ncmFtIGNhbm5vdCBiZSBydW4gaW4gRE9TIG1v
---

(note 3 spaces before TVqQ... in pre-last line).  If this is the case (I suspect
it is), the answer is simple: DrWeb wan't detect this.  I don't know why.  I
already sent this variant to support@drweb.ru at mar-12, but received nothing
so far).

> I'll submit it later tonight.
>
> BTW putting the -h option before the -d option appeared to silently
> throw away mail. I'll write that one up, too.

Yes I know.  Corrected in the yet-to-be-released version (there is a
clash between -h for help and -h for header.  Just don't place -h
first for now).