[Avcheck] Update hell, was: Most recent version of kavdaemon?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:25:46 +0200

> I found and tried this one today:
> ftp://ftp.avp.ru/products/release/4.0/English/BusinessOptimal/Workstations/KAVLinuxWorkstation
>
> It works with our current license file.

Today I tried to replace the old kavdaemon with the new kavdaemon.
Of course it blew up royally:

[root@hauptpostamt avp]# ./restart_kavdaemon.old
loadbase: error in openbase defUnix.prf
loadbase: error in openbase defUnix.prf
loadbase: error in openbase defUnix.prf

|            Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux             |
|                        (Daemon)                       |
|         Copyright(C) Kaspersky Lab. 1998-2002         |
|                     Version 4.0.0.1                   |
|                                                       |
                   Registration info:
Key name      Ser. number            Price pos.             Exp. date Trial
AvpUnix.key   00xx-0000xx-0000xxxx   AVP Server Suite 2Y    28.1.2004 No
Full version, Unlimited mail box and 0 traffic licences
\
Antiviral bases not found. Press <Enter> to exit

Unfortunately this great product doesn't tell me what the error in
"openbase defUnix.prf" is...
It's time to get the old strace tool again.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155