[Avcheck] Version 0.9

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:27:22 +0400

adi wrote:
[]
> BTW, delivering mail on top of nfs partition by avcheck,
> using fsync() and sync option on client and server, seems
> to work as expected. I still looking for a cheaper solution
> as I consider using NFS for virus scanning too overkill :-)

Yes, it is too heavy.

> It has to be simple (protocol). I think it's too complicated
> using smtp as content filter agent as a message could contain
> multiple recipients -> more protocol latency (?)

Why not?  ESMTP eliminates most latency here, and you will be
using local network...

> Simply dump the message to other machine should be enough.

...And the most serious reason for SMTP: it's already in postfix,
and many virusscanners already speaks SMTP.  No new protocol
is required.  Maybe something like QMQP will also help, except
of that postfix has no QMQP *client*, only server (QMQP eliminates
all possible latency, only connect overhead (3-way handshake) and
final reply).

/mjt