[Avcheck] Announce: avcheck-0.91

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:13:27 +0400

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 02:43:24AM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
>>And that's all for the whole delivery.  As you see, the same queueID
>>used for both checking for viruses and final delivery.  (Status=sent
>>in avhceck lines is somewhat misleading but has nothing to do with
>>avhceck - this is a TODO item for postfix).
>
> So, if I was to use the content_inspector, Postfix wouldn't need to
> reinject the mail into smtpd, and scanning would thus be faster?

The advantages are:

   - no reinjection -> working alot faster
      (eliminating main bottleneck of creating/removing qfiles)

   - no extra Received: headers

   - logs looks as should be, finally.

Disadvantages:

   - no way to modify message content in any way, i.e. can't add
     e.g. X-Av-Checked: headers/disclaimers (this is done in a
     real filter, not in inspector)

BTW, Ralf, did you missed the whole bunch of discussions (attempts
to) on postfix-users about this?

/mjt