[Avcheck] Announce: avcheck-0.91

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:58:33 +0400

pos
Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 07:02:28PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>
>> a) in case of "traditional" content_filter, when all good mails are
>>    reinjected back to postfix, set always_bcc *only* for smtpd that
>>    is used by avcheck to reinject good mails back.  I.e., add additional
>>    address for good mails only.
>
> Oh, a very good idea. But are you sure that it's a smtpd option? I'd
> think it's a (n)qmgr thing!

Yes, I'm sure.  References:
   smtpd(8)
   qmqpd(8)
   pickup(8)

src/smtpd/smtpd.c:

static int data_cmd(SMTPD_STATE *state, int argc, SMTPD_TOKEN *unused_argv)
{
     /*
      * Terminate the message envelope segment. Start the message content
      * segment, and prepend our own Received: header. If there is only one
      * recipient, list the recipient address.
      */
     if (*var_always_bcc)
         rec_fputs(state->cleanup, REC_TYPE_RCPT, var_always_bcc);

always_bcc parameter, just like content_filter, processed by postfix's
receiving agents.  Note that an additional recipient should be written
into queue file just like any other recipients etc.  Qmgr does NOT
change content if queue file, it's not applicable here.  Well, it may
be an option for cleanup daemon instead (btw, just like content_filter),
but this will be less flexible.

[]
>>This code may become a *commented* part of default handler.  Should it?
>
> Oh yes.
> It may become commonplace to use always_bcc for one reason or another.

Ok, tested and included for the next release.

/mjt