[Avcheck] Small problem -> solution

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:15:12 +0300

Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
> The proper fix is to pass FILE* to smtpresp() instead of fd,
> and look at real lines and real protocol details.
>
> You're the first who really noticied this misfeature (there
> are some caveats in documentation telling that avcheck isn't
> a full-featured smtp client, however).  Well, maybe it's a
> time to break things and implement this missing aspect.  But
> I'll need testers for at least solaris and freebsd for this
> to be done.

Well, I've just uploaded a test version with the above changes
to ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avcheck/avcheck-0.92pre.tar.gz .
It seems to be working here, but I *not* verified whenever it
works with multiline smtp responses or not, as I don't know
the target to test against... ;)  And, I don't know if this
code will work on other systems (I'm using linux).  So, if
anyone is interested, please test the code before I'll either
made it public or remove as untestable... ;)

Thanks.

/mjt