[Avcheck] Total crash when running postfix flush

Ralf Hildebrandt postfix-users@postfix.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:24:28 +0200

* Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no>:

> ok, I refer to the email I sent earlier this week regarding postfix.
> What solved it then was moving postfix to a new reiserfs partiton from a
> ext3 partiton. Now, the problem reoccured, so I think it might be safe
> to say it's not the filesystem.

I thought so.

> 1. I found the following in my logs in the time before this happened:
> Apr 16 01:28:41 mail postfix/pipe[27799]: A7194B5B:
> to=<tips@vartland.no>, relay=avcheck, delay=177833, status=deferred
> (temporary failure. Command output: avcheck: unexpected smtp response
> (need 250): 501 Bad address syntax )

This happens when avcheck cannot reinject the mail.
avchecl usually uses the correct syntax -> You maybe have a memory
problem.

> 2. I deleted a file from the deferred queue just before or just after
> postfix got hung again. Could this be the cause of the problem? If so,
> how?

No.

> 3. Was there something wrong with one of the mails that was in the
> active queue? If so, I exported all mails from the queue with postcat,
> what is the best way to remail the messages? I tried incoking postdrop,
> but got the error:
> #postdrop < filename
> queue_id1960C1FC0postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 43

You have a memory or filesystem problem.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                                 Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
my current spamtrap				 partmaps040102@charite.de