[Avcheck] Stcking with Kaspersky for now.

jim at comm-ents.com jim at comm-ents.com
Fri Jan 16 02:44:14 MSK 2004

Guess I'll stick with Kaspersky for now, but I have avcheck working
with Dspam so I can test it for awhile. So far everything seems to be
working fine.

The following is the configuration for DSPAM and avcheck.
Let me know if there is anything that can be better optimeized.

dspam unix - n n - - pipe
   flags=DRhu user=cyrus argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam --user
${recipient} -d %u

localhost:10025 inet n  -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
   content_filter=dspam
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o myhostname=node1.comm-ents.com
   -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8

avcheck   unix  -       n       n       -       5       pipe
   flags=q user=avclient argv=/var/spool/drweb/avcheck
   -d /var/spool/avp/./tst -s AVP:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl
   -f ${sender} -S :10025 -- ${recipient}

I decided while I was redoing things to check if there was a better
way to updates the bases for Kaspersky but decided that the
kavupdate(.sh) thing wasn't going to work.

In case anyone is interested. his s a trivial little script to update
Kasperskys bases which has been working fine for me for years.

#!/usr/bin/perl

$avp = "/var/spool/avp";
$updates = "$avp/updates";
$bases = "$avp/bases";

if ( ! -d $updates ) { `mkdir $updates`; }
chdir("$updates/ftp.kaspersky.com/bases/");
$old = `ls avp*`;
chdir("$updates");
`wget -m --passive-ftp ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/bases/`;
chdir("$updates/ftp.kaspersky.com/bases/");

foreach $file (`ls *zip`) {
        chop($file);
        system("/usr/bin/unzip","-u","-o","-qq", $file,"-d", $bases);
        }
        system("postfix stop");
        system("/etc/init.d/avcheck reload");
        system("postfix start");