[rbldnsd] Small problem when trying to start rbldnsd

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Nov 28 20:01:25 MSK 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, James Nelson wrote:

> Yes it did.  Good call!
>
> I changed it to port 54 and it started up just fine.  How do I tell sendmail
> to use an alternate port for RBL lookups?  I haven't been able to find any
> definative answer.

I don't think you can.  Assuming the bind you're running is being used by
the system as a caching server, and assuming it's bind9, you can tell it
to forward certain zones to rbldnsd's IP/port.  Have a look at
http://njabl.org/rsync.html for more detailed instructions on how to setup
rbldnsd and bind on the same system.

> Also, is there a simple rsync command to grab the zone info from various
> RBLs?  Most I have seen want you to setup BIND slaves.

They have to be running an rsync server for you to be able to rsync...but
AFAIK, most of the bigger dnsbls are using rbldns or rbldnsd and rsync
rather than bind and axfr.