[rbldnsd] Integrating rbldnsd with the rest of our DNS?

Brian Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Mon Dec 8 00:18:41 MSK 2003

On Sunday, December 07, 2003 4:14 PM [GMT-5=EST],
Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank at paradigm-omega.com> wrote:

> It appears I'm the only one in the world who does not know the answer
> to this.
>
> How do I get queries to go to our rbldnsd stuff?  Nothing in the docs.
> Nothing in the list archives.  Nothing in the bind docs, website,
> etc., and the O'Reilly DNS & Bind book has me drowning in information.
>
> We have rbldnsd 0.991 up and running, our data is entered and rbldnsd
> gives no complaints of errors.  The rest of our DNS is handled by
> bind 9.2.3.  I can create a zone in bind to handle our dnsbl, but the
> idea was to have rbldnsd do it more efficiently.
>
> Can someone give me a hint?  I've been trying to get this working for
> a week without success.

Use a forward zone.

zone "dnsbl.ahbl.org" {
        type forward;
        forward first;
        forwarders { 24.123.221.3; };
};

(24.123.221.3 is the AHBL's primary DNSbl server, not commonly used by
anyone else but us, but is there just in case we suddenly loose all of
our mirror servers)

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The AHBL - http://www.ahbl.org