[rbldnsd] Future Features

Amos Jeffries amos at treenetnz.com
Sat Jan 29 04:27:51 MSK 2005

I have just been re-reading the documentation to do some work on those
setup docs.

One thing that has become very obvious is that in order to run rbldnsd
on any sort of production server there have to be two DNS engines
running. rbldnsd for the list and a recursive-capable cache that
receives the actualy query.

I don't see why this should have to be a requirement. I would like
rbldnsd to run as a serve just to allow fast access by mailers on the
local network. BUT, without having to run another DNS engine.

Does anyone know of a way to setup the standard linux resolver library
so it queries different server depending on domain?

OR can I request a feature in rbldnsd that allows queries no in the RBL
to be passed out to another server for handling? Like a fixed global
forwarder should be okay without adding any real complexity.

AYJ