[rbldnsd] CIDR by country source

William Leibzon william at completewhois.com
Sun Jan 30 02:32:25 MSK 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> It seems that countries.nerd.dk is in a coma.  Does anyone know of a
> fairly accurate source of IP ranges (preferably CIDR) by countries?
> Don't say blackholes.us.  They are far too limited in the countries they
> cover, for my purposes.

http://www.completewhois.com/statistics/data/ips-bycountry/rirstats/

This data is updated every day and represents ISPs and organizations that
have direct relationship with RIR (i.e. no swips/suballocations right now)
and assumes that organization address in RIR whois is where the ip block
is used. In practice this is pretty accurate as far as what ips are used
in which country. Data is right now only available by web of ftp download
as per above url, although if you ask me nicely and if there is enough
interest, I can make it available by dns as well.

---
William Leibzon
   mailto: william at completewhois.com
Anti-Spam and Email Security Research Worksite:
   http://www.elan.net/~william/emailsecurity/
Whois & DNS Network Investigation Tools:
   http://www.completewhois.com