[rbldnsd] CIDR by country source

furio ercolessi furio at spin.it
Sun Jan 30 13:37:20 MSK 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 03:32:25PM -0800, William Leibzon wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
>
> >It seems that countries.nerd.dk is in a coma.  Does anyone know of a
> >fairly accurate source of IP ranges (preferably CIDR) by countries?
> >Don't say blackholes.us.  They are far too limited in the countries they
> >cover, for my purposes.
>
> http://www.completewhois.com/statistics/data/ips-bycountry/rirstats/
>
> This data is updated every day and represents ISPs and organizations that
> have direct relationship with RIR (i.e. no swips/suballocations right now)
> and assumes that organization address in RIR whois is where the ip block
> is used. In practice this is pretty accurate as far as what ips are used
> in which country.

Wondering... why 147.123.0.0/16 is not included in the IT-cidr.txt file?
It has been allocated to spin.it since 1995, it was in both ARIN and RIPE
before ERX, became only RIPE after ERX.  I can see there are many
other italian class B's that are a missing.
Is there a general problem with old class B's ?

Thanks,

furio

[*]  ERX -->  http://www.ripe.net/projects/erx/