[rbldnsd] CIDR by country source

William Leibzon william at completewhois.com
Sun Jan 30 16:04:40 MSK 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, furio ercolessi wrote:

> Wondering... why 147.123.0.0/16 is not included in the IT-cidr.txt file?
> It has been allocated to spin.it since 1995, it was in both ARIN and RIPE
> before ERX, became only RIPE after ERX.  I can see there are many
> other italian class B's that are a missing.
> Is there a general problem with old class B's ?

Yes, there is (but not as much as you think) and RIRs are fixing those
records so it will soon be better. As far as 147.123.0.0/16, its in
http://www.completewhois.com/statistics/data/ips-bycountry/rirstats/EU-cidr.txt
I guess I should mention that for every European Union country, you should
add EU-cidr.txt to the actual country file to get better list, you can
thank RIPE for this which sometimes puts country code and sometimes uses
EU in its records (I'm going to work on that and try to extract country
name or code and add record in in proper block, while EU will remain a
an list of all blocks which are believed to be used on EU terretory,
i.e. additional of all eu country blocks).

BTW - also remember to add GB-cidr.txt to UK-cidr.txt ...

---
William Leibzon
   mailto: william at completewhois.com
Anti-Spam and Email Security Research Worksite:
   http://www.elan.net/~william/emailsecurity/
Whois & DNS Network Investigation Tools:
   http://www.completewhois.com