[Avcheck] An idea stolen from amavis-users :)

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:07:21 +0400

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> > BTW, sounds like a general points, and probably should
> > be shared with amavis people too, should it?  Ralf, but
> > why avcheck list is for subscribers only?  I guess that
> > it is ok to *really* open it, as there are a few chances
> > that we'll get too much spam here (at least for now).
>
> BEcause of spam. You can't have open mailing-lists anymore!
> Just see such lists as xlogmaster -- I ONLY get spam via this one.
>
> The archives are public, though!

Ok, may be open the list for now and go "cure" situation only
when it will "ill" with spam, but not before?  It is a big
headache for lists to be subscribers-only, and there are other
methods to prevent spam available (or will be -- oh, mail-abuse! :( ).