[Avcheck] Starting problems

Fridtjof Busse Fridtjof.Busse@gmx.de
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:12:23 +0200

Hi
I have problems with starting avcheck (and also avpcheck).
I'm using KAV, and all entries in the master.cf and main.cf are
absolutly correct (checked everything twice and also tried a copy of
Ralf's system.
The problem seems to be with the antivirusdaemon. I start it with
/usr/bin/env - HOME=/ \

/var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp \

./kavdaemon -dl -MD -MP -dp -V -* -f=/ctl /tst

(Script from Ralf)

The daemons seems to start correctly (no errors) but doesn't appear in
the ps ax list, so I think that is the reason why I get

to=<fridjtof.busse@gmx.de>, relay=avcheck, delay=0, status=deferred
(temporary failure. Command output: avcheck: unable to connect to
antivirus daemon: No such file or directory)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Fridtjof