[Avcheck] Total crash when running postfix flush

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:49:35 +0200

* Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no>:
> Hi,
> I just thought I'd say thank you for your reply.
>
> It ended up being a somehow corrupt ext3 partition. I ran fsck on it but that
> didn't help. When I later copied the whole /var partition over to an reiserfs
> partion, had a kernel upgrade and a cupple of reboots. Now things are working
> fine.
>
> Next time I'll use xfs for my spoolpartition.
>
> I'm still wondering what was wrong with the partiton though.
> (system: Redhat 8.0)

The RH kernel have some bugs regarding ext3

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Mitte                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155