[rbldnsd] Problem with main dns -> rbldnsd

David Cary Hart rbldnsd at TQMcube.com
Sat Jan 29 22:52:14 MSK 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 20:38 +0100, Gerwin Krist wrote:
> Heya guys,
>
> I have made me a own blacklist. But i have troubles to forward NS
> requests from powerdns to dnsbld. Below you can see the zone I made
> in powerdns:

You have inexplicably obfuscated some important information.

The long and short of the problem (my best guess) is that you should
name your zones distinct from any zone that you are authoritative for.

In other words, our dns is authoritative for tqmcube.com. I cannot name
my rbldnsd zones as subhosts a la rbldns.tqmcube.com. Hence, we use a
dummy clients.tqmrbl.com. There are work-arounds but this is the simple
answer.